That God would make provision for every Christian family desiring a private Christian education and that families would join us with a goal of raising up their children to excel spiritually and academically.
Richmond Academy is a coeducational, independent, college- preparatory school dedicated to nurturing and challenging the whole person — body, mind, and spirit — to the glory of God. Committed to Christ, Richmond Academy strives to provide a biblically based, academically excellent education in a nurturing environment, developing students’ full potential to impact their world for Christ.
Richmond Academy’s purpose is to nurture and develop the whole student – not just to educate the mind. The goal of the school is to do more than simply educate young people for college; rather, we are preparing them for life. We are a partnership of home and school, working together for the purpose of preparing students academically, spiritually and emotionally for the challenge of life. We “disciple” students in their relationship with their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and bring honor and glory to Christ through our educational ministry.
The school’s philosophy is symbolized by a triangle whose sides represent spiritual, academic, and athletic development. Through this philosophy, the school seeks to ensure that strong academics and challenging athletics can prosper together in an environment in which God is the foundation.
The Board, Administration, Faculty and Staff of Richmond Academy commit to partner with each family:
- To provide an education that is scholastically excellent and Christ-centered, in an environment that is emotionally supportive and caring.
- To develop each student’s God-given spiritual, physical, mental, social and artistic gifts to his fullest potential.
- To develop in each student an understanding of the Lordship of Christ and encourage a personal relationship with Christ with the help of the family and church.
- To help students develop a biblical world view, thus enabling them to serve God in spirit, mind and body, and to actively participate in the expansion of Christ’s kingdom, to exercise godly stewardship of the creation and to glorify God in every aspect of life.
- To continually review and improve our curriculum and programs through evaluation, parent input, teacher/staff training and evaluation, and to provide extra-curricular activities as our resources allow.
- To prepare students for success in college both in biblical and secular knowledge.
- To ensure that our curriculum and programs will support the Richmond Academy Statement of Faith, mission, purpose and philosophy.
- To provide regular communication regarding student progress.
- To ensure that all board members and employees exemplify Christ in their personal lifestyle.
- To follow the Matthew18 principle and other biblical guidelines to resolve differences and misunderstandings.
- To pray for students, their families and Richmond Academy.