“And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.” Deut. 6:6-7 (KJV)
Click for larger version of crest
The Lion represents the strength, fortitude, and determination of the entire school. The eye symbolizes the school’s emphasis upon maturation of one’s spiritual development. The open book is the Bible, which places emphasis upon the school’s duty to quicken within its students a desire and curiosity for the quest of truth. The masonry tools at the center of the crest indicate the building up of the students’ physical growth.
Triunity – “Tres Unus”
Training Spirit, Soul & Body
Spirit — Education with a future — “Where there is no vision, the people perish.” Proverbs 29:18
Soul — Adding wisdom to knowledge — “The excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it.” Ecclesiastes 7:12
Body — Building up on a firm foundation — “Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone.” Ephesians 2:20
In keeping with the Academy’s purpose and philosophy, the Board of Directors has established specific objectives for the headmaster and faculty to follow in each area of major emphasis:
1. The Academy’s role in promoting spiritual growth is to provide students with an atmosphere conducive to the development of a closer relationship with God.
2. The headmaster and faculty are to develop and strengthen the spiritual and moral growth of students through their own personal character and conduct in addition to teaching truth in or out of their subject matter in accordance with a biblical, Christian worldview.
1. Richmond Academy offers a college preparatory course of study in major subjects designed to develop the knowledge, intellect, and perception of each student according to his or her ability.
2. Believing that every graduate should be prepared for the college or university which best meets his or her needs, Richmond Academy provides the resources necessary to accomplish this goal.
1. Since the school’s purpose is to develop all aspects of the students’ lives, they must attend their daily athletic activities as responsibly as they attend classes.
2. The goal of the school’s athletic and physical education programs is to help students improve their skills and conditioning while they learn the important lessons of self-discipline, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
Through its emphasis on spiritual, academic, and athletic development, Richmond Academy strives to create an atmosphere of acceptance and encouragement designed to help each student recognize and attempt to reach his or her full potential.